Top Rope Anchors & Rappelling Course
$229.00 – $249.00
Learn the Skills & Enjoy a Lifetime of Thrills!
Looking to gain the knowledge and experience to set up your own climbing anchors outdoors? Nervous to trust your own anchor setups or unsure how to build them to begin with? Our 1 day top rope anchor building course will teach you how to safely and efficiently build your own anchors while also covering rappelling techniques. Because there are so many variables when it comes to anchors, we strive to prepare you with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely build your own rock climbing anchors and to rappel back down to the ground in a variety of situations. Learning these skills will give you the confidence and freedom to take your climbing experience to the next level. You don’t even need to have your own equipment to take this course since we even provide all of the anchor materials and equipment needed for the day.
This course covers a wide range of scenarios with a focus on:
- Setting up a top-rope anchor using bolts.
- Setting up a top-rope anchor using natural features such as boulders or trees.
- Using trad gear in top-rope setups
- Webbing vs. slings vs. cord vs. rope
- Advantages and disadvantages of different climbing materials and their uses
- Equalizing your top-rope anchor with 2, 3, and 4 piece anchors
- Advantages and disadvantages of pre-equalized vs. self-equalizing anchors
- Rope management
- How to rappel from the top of a climb
- How to properly inspect your gear before/after use
- Understanding about the forces applied on climbing equipment and anchor points
Start Time: 10:00am
End Time: 6:00pm
Location: The Bluffs
1 Climber: $249
2+ Climbers: $229/person
Harness, Helmet, Climbing Shoes, Personal Anchor System, ATC, Prussik Cord, Locking Carabiners, Webbing, Cordage, Slings, Ropes
Rise and Shine, It’s Time to Go Climb!
Before submitting payment please confirm the date is available for the course of your choice. You can do so a variety of ways such as;
Sending us a Message via the Contact page
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or Call/txt 1-807-472-4742
To submit payment for your reservation scroll down to select your options:
Coming Solo or with a Partner (select Coming Solo or Bringing a Partner)
To the left of ‘Add to Cart’ type in the number of people you are submitting payment for, and then click ‘Add to Cart’. You will be automatically redirected to the shopping cart where you can review your order and click ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- Once your reservation is submitted check your e-mail for an automatic confirmation of payment (check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox right away) and we will get in touch with you within 48 hours to confirm all the details of your outing for you or your group.