Traditional Climbing Course – 2 Days
$458.00 – $498.00
Learn the Skills & Enjoy a Lifetime of Thrills!
Have you been wanting to learn to how to lead climb using traditional gear? Are you nervous to trust your own gear placements or not quite sure how those stoppers and cams work to begin with? Wanting to get a better understanding of rock quality? Learning the art of trad climbing takes time to master, and lead guide Aric Fishman is extremely experienced, patient, and committed to providing you with the training you need to safely take your climbing to the next level. This course is designed for anyone looking to learn the fundamentals of trad climbing and a look in to the world of crack climbing. This course is a comprehensive 2 day trad climbing program where you will:
- Review material taught in the Sport/Lead Climbing Course
- Learn about the different types of traditional gear
- Understand and practice the fundamentals of gear placement and directions of pull
- Learn about good and bad rock quality and how to identify ideal cracks for protection
- How to make a safe anchors using traditional gear
- Learn all about top-anchor techniques
- Understand about the importance of belayer positioning for traditionally protected routes
- Deciding on what gear to carry up a climb
- Forces placed on anchor points and how they factor in
- Breaking strength of a different climbing materials
- A look at advanced knots
- Learn and practice how to place protection while lead climbing
- How to properly attach yourself to an anchor
- How to belay your second to the top
- How to remove gear from cracks as the second, even when they are seemingly ‘stuck’
- Understanding about rope management and learning the tips and tricks of the trade
- How to deal with stuck ropes
- Practice and climb at your comfort level while getting expert advice from your guide
- Trad climbing techniques that will help you climb more safely and efficiently
- Understand how to ‘jam’ up a crack climb
- Rappelling using single or double ropes
- Developing your ‘lead climbing head’
- Bailing off a trad climb
This is a 2 Day Course
8 hours per day – start & end times can be modified to suit your schedule.
Day 1: The Bluffs or Silver Harbour Day 2: The Bluffs, Silver Harbour, Claghorn, or Orient Bay
Locations can be modified to suit your needs.
1 Climber: $498
2+ Climbers: $458/person
Harness, Helmet, Climbing Shoes, Personal Anchor System, ATC, Prussik Cord, Locking Carabiners, Webbing, Cordage, Slings, Ropes, Quickdraws, Grigri, Trad Gear
Rise and Shine, It’s Time to Go Climb!
Before submitting payment please confirm the date is available for the course of your choice. You can do so a variety of ways such as;
Sending us a Message via the Contact page
E-mail email@example.com, or Call/txt 1-807-472-4742
To submit payment for your reservation scroll down to select your options:
Coming Solo or with a Partner (select Coming Solo or Bringing a Partner)
To the left of ‘Add to Cart’ type in the number of people you are submitting payment for, and then click ‘Add to Cart’. You will be automatically redirected to the shopping cart where you can review your order and click ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- Once your reservation is submitted check your e-mail for an automatic confirmation of payment (check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox right away) and we will get in touch with you within 48 hours to confirm all the details of your outing for you or your group.